In order to protect the experience and safety of people who use Pushee, there are some limitations on the type of content and behavior that we allow. These limitations are set forth in the Pushee Rules below.
, and Terms of Service
collectively make up the "Pushee User Agreement" that governs a user's access to and use of Pushee's services.
All individuals accessing or using Pushee’s services must adhere to the policies set forth in the Pushee Rules. Failure to do so may result in Pushee taking one or more of the following enforcement actions:
• requiring you to delete prohibited content before you can again create new posts and interact with other Pushee users;
• temporarily limiting your ability to Push new content ;
• temporarily limiting your ability to interact with other Pushee users;
• requiring you to verify account ownership with a phone number or email address;
• suspending your account(s); or
• permanently deleting your account(s).
If you attempt to evade a permanent suspension by creating new accounts, we will suspend your new accounts and/or block the device(s) you use to access our service.
Please note that we may need to change these Rules from time to time and reserve the right to do so. The most current version is always available at: www.pushee.com/documents/rules
Please note that Pushee may also remove accounts that are inactive for more than six months.
Content Boundaries and Use of Pushee
We reserve the right to suspend accounts or take other appropriate action when someone’s brand or trademark, including business name and/or logo, is used in a manner that may mislead or confuse others about your brand affiliation. Read more about our Trademark Policy
. Report trademark infringement on Pushee here
We will respond to clear and complete notices of alleged copyright infringement. Our copyright procedures are set forth in our Terms of Service
. Read more about our copyright policy
. Report copyright infringements on Pushee here
.Graphic violence and adult content
We consider graphic violence to be any form of gory media related to death, serious injury, violence, or surgical procedures. We consider adult content to be any media that is pornographic and/or may be intended to cause sexual arousal. Pushee allows some forms of graphic violence and/or adult content in Pushee messages. Any Pushee messages containing allowable graphic or adult content must be marked by the Pusher as containing sensitive media using the setting provided in the Pushee mobile app. You may not use such content in your profile, Channel or avatar images. Additionally, Pushee may sometimes require you to remove excessively graphic violence out of respect for the deceased and their families if we receive a request from their family or an authorized representative. how to mark your media as sensitive
We consider examples of graphic violence to include, but are not limited to, depictions of:
• the moment at which someone dies
• gruesome crime or accident scenes
• bodily harm, torture, dismemberment, or mutilation
We consider examples of adult content to include, but are not limited to, depictions of:
• full or partial nudity (including close-ups of genitals, buttocks, or breasts)
◦ Please note that exceptions may be made for artistic, medical, health, or educational content.
Breastfeeding content does not need to be marked as sensitive.
• simulating a sexual act
• intercourse or any sexual act (may involve humans, humanoid animals, cartoons, or anime)
When adult content, graphic violence, or hateful imagery appears in a Push, these messages should be properly identified by the Channel owner with an appropriate Content Overlay. This will place an interstitial screen over the content advising your Channel subscribers that the Push contains potentially sensitive content which they may not wish to see. The overlay will provide an option to "click through" to see the content. This feature protects Pushee users from seeing content that they may find objectionable. Learn more about how to control whether you see sensitive content
. Learn more about how to mark your content as sensitive
However, if such content appears in Group header or account profile images, it will violate our media policy
. The consequences for violating this policy depend on the severity of the violation and the person’s previous record of violations.
The first time someone violates this policy they will be required to remove the imagery and may be asked to verify their account ownership. Subsequent violations could result in permanent suspension.
If someone believes their account was suspended in error, they can submit an appeal
You may not use our service for any unlawful purposes or in furtherance of illegal activities. By using Pushee, you agree to comply with all applicable laws governing your online conduct and content.Trends
At times, we may prevent certain content from trending. This includes content that violates the Pushee Rules, as well as content that may attempt to manipulate trends.Misuse of Pushee badges
You may not use badges, including but not limited to the “promoted” or “verified” Pushee badges, unless provided by Pushee. Accounts using unauthorized badges as part of their profile photos, header photos, display names, or in any way that falsely implies affiliation with Pushee or authorization from Pushee to display these badges, may be suspended.
Violence and physical harmViolence:
You may not make specific threats of violence or wish for the serious physical harm, death, or disease of an individual or group of people. This includes, but is not limited to, threatening or promoting terrorism.Suicide or self-harm:
You may not promote or encourage suicide or self-harm. Child sexual exploitation:
You may not promote child sexual exploitation. When we are made aware of links to images of or content promoting child sexual exploitation they will be placed behind a content overlay without further notice and reported to The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children (“NCMEC"). We will permanently suspend accounts promoting or containing child sexual exploitation content.
If you think you've found a Pushee Channel distributing or promoting child sexual exploitation report it to us from within the Pushee app (select “Report” from the Pushee Channel or individual Push). Law Enforcement Agencies
If you are a member of a law enforcement agency seeking information regarding Pushee accounts promoting or distributing child sexual exploitation, please see our Guidelines for Law Enforcement
for information on our process; we also suggest you contact the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC) here
, regardless of jurisdiction, to determine whether or not information on those accounts is already on file.Abusive conductAbuse:
You may not engage in the targeted harassment of someone, or incite other people to do so. We consider abusive behavior an attempt to harass, intimidate, or silence someone else’s voice.Unwanted sexual advances:
You may not direct abuse at someone by sending unwanted sexual content, objectifying them in a sexually explicit manner, or otherwise engaging in sexual misconduct.
Abusive imagery and display names: You may not use abusive images or symbols in your profile image or profile header. You also may not use your username, display name, or profile bio to engage in abusive behavior, such as targeted harassment.
Private information and intimate media
Private information: You may not publish or post other people's private information without their express authorization and permission. Definitions of private information may vary depending on local laws.
Posting someone’s private information online may pose serious safety and security risks for the person whose information is shared.
Some examples of private information include (but may not be limited to) private contact or financial information, such as:
• credit card information
• social security or other national identity numbers
• private residences, personal home addresses, or other locations that are considered private
• non-public, personal phone numbers
• non-public, personal email addresses
Some examples of information that are not considered private include:
• business addresses
• places of education or employment
• descriptions of appearance
Please keep in mind that although you may consider certain information to be private, not all postings of such information may be a violation of this policy. We consider the nature and public availability of the information posted, local privacy laws, and other case-specific facts. For example, if information was previously posted or displayed elsewhere on the Internet prior to being put on Pushee (e.g., someone lists their personal phone number on their public blog), it may not be a violation of this policy. However, if the publicly available information is being shared to harass or incite harassment, then we will take enforcement action under our abusive behavior policy.
We also acknowledge that there are times when people may want some forms of their personal contact information shared publicly. Examples include:
• posting personal phone or email addresses for professional networking
• posting personal addresses to coordinate social events
• posting personal addresses publicly to ask for help after a natural disaster
To help verify the private nature of the information and determine whether the subject wants it shared on the platform, we may need to hear from the person or an authorized representative of the person whose information has been posted. We will reply to those reports via email and request that the subject provide documentation to verify their identity.
The consequences for violating our private information policy depend on the severity of the violation and the person’s previous record of violations.
Intimate media: You may not Push or share intimate photos or videos of someone that were produced or distributed without their consent.
Sharing explicit sexual images or videos of someone online without their consent is a violation of their privacy and a violation of the Pushee Rules. In addition to posing serious safety and security risks, it may also result in physical, emotional, and financial hardship for the person whose media is shared.
We prohibit the posting or sharing of intimate photos or videos that were or appear to have been taken or distributed without the subject's consent. Examples of intimate media that violate this policy include, but may not be limited to:
• hidden camera content involving nudity, partial nudity, and/or sexual acts
• images or videos that appear to have been taken secretly and in a way that allows the user to see the other person’s genitals, buttocks, or breasts (content sometimes referred to “creepshots” or “upskirts”)
• images or videos captured in a private setting and not intended for public distribution
• images or videos that are considered and treated as private under applicable laws
We will suspend any account we identify as the original poster of intimate media that has been produced or distributed without the subject’s consent. We will also suspend any account dedicated to posting this type of content.
If someone is not the original poster of this content, it is not clear that the content was produced or distributed without consent, and/or a person has an otherwise clean violation history, we may not suspend the account immediately. Instead, we will require the user to remove the violating messages before they can Push messages again. We will immediately and permanently suspend them upon any further violations of this policy.
Threats to expose / hack: You may not threaten to expose someone’s private information or intimate media. You also may not threaten to hack or break into someone’s digital information.
You may not impersonate individuals, groups, or organizations in a manner that is intended to or does mislead, confuse, or deceive others. While you may maintain parody, fan, commentary, or newsfeed accounts, you may not do so if the intent of the account is to engage in spamming or abusive behavior.
An account may not be removed if:
• The user shares your name but has no other commonalities, or
• The account and/or Group description clearly states it is not affiliated with or connected to any similarly-named individuals.
Accounts with similar names or that are similar in appearance (e.g. the same avatar image) are not automatically in violation of the impersonation policy. In order to be impersonation, the account must also portray another person/entity in a misleading or deceptive manner.
Users are allowed to create parody, newsfeed, commentary, and fan accounts on Pushee.
You can submit reports for impersonation from within the Pushee mobile app.
When we receive a valid impersonation or trademark report about an account that is not in compliance with our Policy, we may give the account owner the opportunity to bring their account into compliance and we may temporarily suspend the account. Accounts with a history of repeated violations may be permanently suspended.
Spam and Security
We strive to protect people on Pushee from technical abuse and spam.
To promote a stable and secure environment on Pushee, you may not do, or attempt to do, any of the following while accessing or using Pushee:
• Access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of Pushee, Pushee’s computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of Pushee’s providers.
• Probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any system or network, or breach or circumvent any security or authentication measures.
• Access or search, or attempt to access or search, Pushee by any means (automated or otherwise) other than through our currently available, published interfaces that are provided by Pushee (and only pursuant to the applicable terms and conditions), unless you have been specifically allowed to do so in a separate agreement with Pushee.
• Forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or Push, or in any way use Pushee to send altered, deceptive, or false source-identifying information.
• Interfere with or disrupt the access of any user, host or network, including, without limitation, sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, mail-bombing Pushee’s services, or by scripting the creation of content in such a manner as to interfere with or create an undue burden on Pushee.
Malware/Phishing: You may not publish or link to malicious content intended to damage or disrupt another person’s browser, computer or mobile device, or to compromise a person’s privacy.
Spam: You may not use Pushee’s services for the purpose of spamming anyone. Spam is generally defined on Pushee as bulk or aggressive activity that attempts to manipulate or disrupt Pushee or the experience of users on Pushee to drive traffic or attention to unrelated accounts, products, services, or initiatives. Some of the factors that we take into account when determining what conduct is considered to be spamming include:
• if you have joined and/or left a large number of of Groups in a short time period, particularly by automated means;
• if your Pushee messages or comments consist mainly of links shared without commentary;
• if a large number of people have blocked you in response to high volumes of untargeted, unsolicited, or duplicative content from your account;
• if a large number of spam complaints have been filed against you;
• if you Push duplicative or substantially similar content, replies, or mentions over multiple accounts or multiple duplicate updates on one account, or create duplicate or substantially similar accounts;
• if you Push misleading, deceptive, or malicious links (e.g., affiliate links, links to malware/clickjacking pages, etc.);
• if you create fake accounts or account interactions;
• if you sell, purchase, or attempt to artificially inflate account interactions (such as followers, shared messages, likes, etc.); and
• if you use or promote third-party services or apps that claim to get you more subscribers, shared Pushes, or likes.
In order to keep your search results in the “Explore” section of Pushee relevant, Pushee filters search results for quality. Material that jeopardizes search quality or creates a bad search experience for other users may be automatically removed from the Explore search.
To learn how to filter your search results read our Using Pushee's Explore feature
Updated August 16th, 2018